The German Neurosurgical Society have invited the SBNS to join them at their annual conference in Magdeburg, 14th -17th May, 2017
At this meeting the Germans have kindly offered 800 Euros of sponsorship to the trainees submitting the top 10 UK abstracts.
To be eligible for sponsorship abstracts should NOT be submitted via the German conference website but should be emailed directly to Carole Turner email@example.com
All UK abstracts will be scored by members of the SBNS Academic Committee.
Submission will close on 30th November 2016
Please follow the rules and criteria in line with German submission as detailed below:
The authors agree that they are responsible for the contents. The authors also guarantee that the abstract submitted reports unpublished results and that clinical studies have been done with approval of the relevant ethics committee. Authors commit themselves to ensure that during the Annual Meeting one of them will personally present the poster/oral presentation at the time indicated.
The list of authors should correspond to the requirements of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Please note that whenever results of surgery are presented the responsible surgeon(s) should be listed as author(s).
Abstracts should be submitted in clear and concise English. Abstract contents must not have been presented at any other congress or published in a scientific journal. The abstracts will be published online as submitted.
The structure of the abstract must be as follows:
- Objective Aim of investigation
- Methods Selection of study design, methods of investigation and data analysis
- Results Results of research with specific data and statistical significance, if available
- Conclusion Conclusions from the results obtained
The text should be structured as follows:
- Abstract title (no capital letters and no bold type)
- First name and surname of authors/co-authors, no academic degrees (max. 5 co-authors besides the main author)
- Name and address of the institution
- Text, single spaced, 11 font size, font: Arial, max. 2500 characters. Please do not include any tables or figures. Statements like 'Results are under discussion' are not accceptable.